Sunday, October 17, 2010

Manfreds got "Back"

    Yep, as the title says "ManFred" now has back.  It was kind of a strange week.  Tuesday Amy cut class short due to it being extremely warm in the studio (workman/chiller line mishap or so I heard) so after a quick lecture on the major muscles/fasciae of the posterior (Gluteus minimus, Gluteus medius, Tensor fasciae latae, and, Gluteus maximus(Iliac and axial head)) we were turned loose to create muscles of clay for our Manikins by Thursday.  Thursday's class came and again I'm sorry to the rest of the class... but class was canceled due to Amy being under the weather.
     A bright spot this week in regards to my drawing/drawing skills.  While not a total "Eureka" moment I stepped back from my easel and there it was.... a somewhat recognizable facsimile of the model and, if I squinted just right I was able to tell myself it wasn't terrible just that I had a lot of room for improvement.  It did make me feel better in relation to my wondering what I thought I was doing in a Life Drawing I class. So perhaps there is a light at the end of the tunnel that isn't railroad related.

1 comment:

  1. haha the cancelled class thing was just an odd situation! Don't worry! I also think you should not be so critical of yourself, you are learning and developing your skills, and I think you have improved a great deal in class. If you can see the form in your developing drawings, you know you are understanding it and seeing it, and just need to practice to bring it out!

    ReplyDelete