Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hello Again,

   Well, here it is the third week of school and already I sense the feeling of being slowly overwelmed is not far off.  So goes the life of a Art major at Stout.
   As I previously mentioned, this blog is an ongoing assignment for Life Drawing I, so I guess I should update the followers as to what we are learning, or have learned thus far.  As I mentioned in my last post we have jumped right in and started figure drawing but this week we were introduced to another method.   
   The new method is a bit more tactile than simply observing the human form followed by attempting to transfer those observations to a two-dimensional representation of the three-dimensional form.  On Thursday of the past week each member of the class was issued a Maniken.  I have dubbed mine "Man-Fred"
Man-Fred
"Man-Fred's" Muscle Material
Through the use of Jon Zahourek's method we will slowly over the remainder of the semester be adding the musculature to our Manikins using clay.  Another benefit of this method is we get to learn Latin...
   I do believe this will increase my ability to better understand the human form as I will be "creating"  the muscles in a three-dimensional form. This will allow me another way to "see" the form through my sense of touch. I think knowing what the muscles look like under the skin will aid in transferring what I see in front of me to paper through my drawings.
   So I guess in addition to my development as a better figure artist,  the design of this blog to more closely reflect me, Man-Fred makes a third thing you'll have to come back to check on the development of.

No comments:

Post a Comment