Sunday, September 19, 2010

Realizations...

   Greetings & welcome to my One Point Perspective blog. And If you've been here before, welcome back.
   Well we are  now in the second week of Life Drawing I and .... Our actual drawing started with the class spending thirty minutes drawing a "blind contour" drawing of a shell each of us was assigned. Yep blank paper over the drawing hand, draw the shell's contours without "peeking"  I'm proud to say I didn't look at my drawing till the time was up. But...not proud enough of the result to post it here.   A critique by a small group of classmates suggested I had a nice variety in line weight and they were able to recognize it as a shell (nevertheless perhaps a shattered one) so maybe I'm just to critical of myself.
   Leaving the shells behind we moved on to 5 min drawings of the human torso from various angles.  These were based not on a model but a skeleton thus allowing us to see the spinal column from all angles. Using the spinal landmarks we learned in class, we worked on showing the form through simple line/shapes. 
    Here are two of my sketches.
While they are far from what I hoped, I think I am beginning to accomplish describing the human form through line.  As I mentioned in my introductory post stay tuned and watch me improve...

No comments:

Post a Comment